Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The ZOO

Well today was Ella's school trip to the zoo. She was a little scared of the school bus, but she rode it the whole way. I on the other hand just about had a nervous breakdown over it. She did not know it, but I was a wreak the whole time I was driving to the zoo. When I put her on the bus she looked like this.

Then when I got off the bus and ready for her to go this is the face I see staring at me out the window. Talk about ripping your heart out. This is why I was upset. She looks so sad.
So after driving at top speed to make sure I was there to meet the bus. This is how she got off and she said that it was fun, but she was a little bit scared.

Then on to the Zoo. First we saw the animals inside because it was so cold today we started there. You have to walk through cave like exhibits to see the animals. She was o.k. with this part, but did not like that it was dark. Then we were off to the open air bird exhibit. This is how Ella walked through the whole thing.
She was not very fond of the smell. Then we were off to the lions. Ella got very scared when the male lion ran at the glass and jumped at it right where she was standing.
Ella spent a lot of the day relating the animals to ones she has seen on T.V. or movies. Such as Nemo and Dorrie. Well the next three pictures are her favorite ones from a Barbie movie.




Then it was time for all of the outside animals. There were bears, horses, goats, yaks, buffalo, and llams. Near the tiger exhibit is a big wooden tiger that you can sit on and take pictures. I just getting ready to take her picture and she announces to everyone around that she has to go POOP. Great this is the farthest away from the bathrooms that you can be, so I leave all of our stuff with friends and take her. We are fast walking and she looks up at me and says Mommy we better run. OH my god. So we run the whole way. Half way there I am sure I am going to die, my lungs were on fire. Well we made it. In the stall we go. I get her on the toilet and she yells out here comes the poop. I thought I was going to die. So back at the tiger we get pictures.
The next thing was the penguins. She really liked them. They were fun. They would swim right up next to the glass and stop to look at you then swim back and forth in front of you like they wanted to play.

On our way out of the zoo there was an elephant statue and a horse statue. She wanted her picture with each.

No comments: