Tuesday, April 15, 2008

POOP, PUKE, and GARBAGE all before 9 am

Well get ready for a ride this one is almost unbelievable. Oh and with a title like that I promise that there will not be any pictures.

A story that must be told ahead of time is that when I was in 6th grade. I had a tooth that needed to be pulled. So we went to the dentist. My mom was in the waiting room and I was in the exam room. The dentist came in and pulled out the needle for the Novocaine. Well he tried to stick it in my mouth and I bit him. He kicked me out. I went streaming out of the room and right past my mom and told her that we were going home, then right out to the car. Well after a little while she came out to get me, and told me that we had to go back inside. I did go back in and have the tooth pulled.

So this morning Ella and I had our 6 mo. dental checkups. It came at the perfect time because Ella needs a dental checkup for the school program for next year. Right after breakfast Ella went poop. For those of you who know how much trouble we have with constipation you know that a bowel movement is cause for celebration in our house. I was thankful that it happened be for the appointment. So that it was out of the way.

This is how dental visits go for us. Luke will have his cleaning and Ella will go to watch and then a few weeks later she and I have them together. Usually I go first and she watches and then it is her turn. Well the last time it did not go so well we had to reschedule and the second try was a charm. So this time. Luke had his appointment a few weeks ago and Ella went to watch. Then about a week ago Ella's class had a field trip to the dentist. Then today was the appointment. Starting this past weekend she was telling me that she does not like the tickler, that would be the cleaner, and she was not going to have them use it. Well we went anyways. Luke usually goes with us so that he can help to watch her while I am in the chair, but today I have too many daycare kids so he stayed home to watch them. I packed a bag with toys for her to play with and off we go. We get there and of course she says she has to go poop. So into the bathroom we go. And only pee. So back to the waiting room we go only to hear I have to go poop again. So back in we go. This time we have success. SO now we are done. I ask her do you have any more. In just a minute mommy will be in the chair and unable to help you go. She tells me no all done.

Now into the exam room. I go first. Ella was great she played with her toys and talked to the hygienist about princesses. Then the Hygienist looks at her and says do you have to go to the bathroom. Ella says"Yeah I have to go poopy". GREAT!!!!! So the dentist walks by at this point and says oh I will take her. How embarrassing. She comes back and I am done and it is her turn.

The hygienist tells her and she turns around and runs out the door. So I go get her and bring her back into the room. We try to get her in the chair and it is not working so I get in the chair and have her lay on me. It took us about 15-20 minutes to get her to open her mouth and let the hygienist count and look at her teeth. Then it was time to start the cleaning. Well that is when all H*** broke out. She picked her tooth paste flavor, it was cherry, she started screaming and yelling. She go so upset that we ended up with kicking our shoes off, almost knocking our the tray with the tools on it, accidentally hitting the hygienist, and kicking me repeatedly. Finally she told us that she did not like the flavor, so we tried the bubblegum. Yeah not a favorite either. She started to cough and gag so the hygienist gave her a drink of water and then she spit it all over the equipment. At this point she had lost complete control of herself. She got out the chair and here it comes puked all over the exam room, even on the carpet in the hallway.

The next thing I know the dentist and the hygienist are no where to be found. The secretary is there cleaning up the puke while I have Ella over the sink. I am washing her up and trying to convince her she has won and will be going home so she can please stop scream and puking. So we leave the dentist with my tail between my legs.

We get home and Ella walks in the back door and proudly announces to the other kids that she puked at the dentist. Luke looks at me like what are you talking about. So I go through the whole story.

As I am changing Ella's clothes that garbage truck comes by and picks up the garbage. Ella wants to watch them. I look out the window and see that a bag of garbage has broken open and was flung all over the road, and they left it there. So out I go to pick up the garbage. Then it was 9 am.

I really have nothing else to say. I am exhausted and today just keeps getting better. At 3 pm I have a behavior therapist coming to the house to help with Ella. I will write more about that later, and I have to work tonight.

No comments: