Monday, April 7, 2008

Never a dull moment

Well this weekend was the tiling. It looks really good. Thank you Mom you were a big help (well you did it all you were all the help). Here are a few pictures from the job.

First off we had to have a supervisor.

Then the tiling began.


And it kept going for two days.

Just as Mom was finishing the last wall the neighbor was doing some work outside. Ella wanted to go watch him. So I took her outside to watch him. He was cutting down a couple of small trees. She thought is was really neat. He cut the second one down and it landed right in my flower garden, but not before hitting the house right on the side that my Mom was working on. It really scared her and all I could think of was you have got to be kidding me. Luckily there was no damage to the house. I am sure that the insurance agent would have had a field day with the claim of "no honestly we were just finishing with the repairs and a tree fell in the kitchen." Well just after that Mom laid the last tile. Here she is with the very last little piece. Here are some pictures of the finished tiles. Next weekend Mom is coming back out to do the grout.


The weather was awesome all weekend. Ella just loved being able to get outside. She had a blast. Well she did have a couple of set backs with potty training at night. She had two accidents. So both nights we were up changing sheets. Then last night at about 2:30 am she came to our room and said that she had to go to the bathroom. She did. She started to cry and get very upset and said that her throat hurt. She did sound very horse. Well then the barking cough came and she was having trouble breathing. So I took her to my room and called the doctor on call he said it sounds like CROUP. YEAH!!!!!! So I got all of the humidifiers running and started to steam up the bathroom with the shower. She and I went into the bathroom for about 20 minutes and read books and then she was a little better. She still could not sleep so she came to our room for the rest of the night. She watched some cartoons and then slept a little. So first thing this morning I have her in for an appointment. The only thing I am wondering about is if it is allergies. My family has them pretty bad and she was outside for the first time all winter for the whole day. She helped rake leaves, pick up pine cones, and dug in the dirt for hours. So it is possible. We will just have to see.

So overall a good but really busy weekend. I am so ready for some down time. So you may ask is the silly kitchen finally done. Well no. We still need to grout the tile, put up baseboard, and paint. More up dates to come.

No comments: