Thursday, September 13, 2007

SWIM SWIM

Well we made it through swim. After three nights of hardly any sleep and non stop worrying we made it. So there she was in the pool room and they put bubbles or swimmies on everyone. Then they had them set on the edge of the pool and kick their feet. Well Ella wouldn't even put her feet in. She watched the other kids for a little while then she finally did it. My mom, Luke, and I were hiding in an office watching her through a window. Well she caught a look at us so did go in for a minute and tell her that we would watch her from the office and to listen to the teachers. Then the teachers had the kids get in the pool and hold onto the side and bob up and down in the water. Well she did not get in until a teacher helped her, and then she just hung there. She was bobbing up and down, but only because the water from the other kids was making her. Then one by one the teachers came over and helped the kids swim to the other side of the pool. Well the teacher got to Ella and she did not want to get off the wall, but she took her and Ella would not let go of her and she cried and I cried and well you know how it goes. I did not go in to get her. After a while she did stop the teacher was very nice she held Ella and rubbed her head and then they brought out the noddles. Well the cry started again for both of us. They put the noddle around her and wanted the to just hold her hands. She did not want to do that. Well again after a little bit she did stop crying. So yes, I know she was fine and there was nothing to worry about. But I am who I am and will continue to worry until long after I am gone. Sorry there are no pictures. So stayed tune next weeks episodes, bring School Pictures, Teddy Bear Picnic, Birthday, Hair trial for the wedding, and much much more.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Well, I'm glad you resisted the urge to jump in :) I'm sure every time will get better, the more comfortable she gets with the teachers and the process! It sounds like even though the classroom isn't what you thought it would be that the staff is competent and kind. I'm sure this will be a good experience for Ella!

love,
Cammie

Greg said...

Cammie reacts the same way as Ella every time she get's in the pools as well....maybe Ella will out grow....I am looking forward to the day that Cammie out grows it.

-Anonymous