Sunday, September 9, 2007

OK here we go!!!!

Well this will be my feable attempt at making sense of my life. Maybe putting it out there for all to read will help me to understand it. Ten years ago I met the love of my life. We just celebrated out 8th wedding anniversay. Oh by the way you will quickly find out that I am not the best speller. We will soon be celebrating our daughter, Ella's third birthday. She has proven to be quite a spirited child. My pregnacy was not one of the easiest and after the birth I am pretty sure that I went through some post partum depression, but because you are not suppose to feel that way I really did not let anyone know about it. I just kept it in, and I am pretty srue that it had a big impact on the type of parent I am. Which by the way I really don't like. I feel as though I have pretty much comitted every parenting mistake in the first two years, but she seems to be coming along just fine. In additon to that in the past two years I have seen my share of death. My father was dignoised with Lung Cancer in November of 2005 and passed away in July 2006. My Grandmother died in June of 2007, my cousin died of Lung Caner in August of 2007, and a friends wife died of Lung Cancer in August of 2007. All in all I have decided that I am done with death for now and I just can not handel any more. A lot of who I am now was shaped in the past few years. The deaths have really taken a toll on me and I have just really started to come to terms with it all. I am now on a road to begin the healing. I need to let go of many different issues and move on with my life. I have so many great things in my life right now and I need to focus on them. Ella is a prue joy to have in my life. She as been the one to keep me going. She needs me and so I have to keep moving. Luke, my husband, is like any other huband he needs a few reminder to keep up with the honeydo list, but he has put up with a lot from me. I have been very preoccupied and he has done his best to keep up with it all. He is my rock and I love him. My family is great. We have a very exciting, but hard time coming up. My younger sister is getting married. So I have so much to be thankful for and need to begin to concintrate on that. Well enough of that. So this is my family's journey through life. I hope that this will begin to help me heal, and give you all a few laughs along the way.

4 comments:

Cammie said...

Hey there,

So glad you have decided to start a blog! I really think you will enjoy and benefit from putting your feelings out there. I know you've been dealing with a lot these past two years and I'm really happy you are ready to start exploring all those conflicting feelings you have. I love you, and look forward to reading!

love,
Cammie

Jen said...

I've got to figure this blog thing out! LOL! I just left a nice comment and lost it when I signed up. Oh well let's try this again...

I'm looking forward to reading your blog. I hope it helps your healing process. Keep your head up, and take just one day at a time and you'll get there. You have all your friends and family to count on!

Jen

Greg said...

=:)

Marcia said...

Thank you for sharing this! You have such courage; it's an honor to be able to experience your journey with you. You are on your way, girlfriend!
Love, Marcia