Monday, September 10, 2007

New Preschool

Well tomorrow is Ella's first day at a new preschool. I am a little worried. A few months ago I took a tour of the school. The classroom I saw was a big bright room with three windows, lot of toys and books, and a class pet. Well last Thursday was the open house night. Ella's room is small and dark with one window and hardly any toys and three books. I was not very impressed. Being the subtle person that I am I told the teacher that I will probably be the worst parent that they have, and asked where all of the toys and books are. She explained that they only got into the room two days ago and that this was a big improvement. Being a teacher myself, I can understand that. But I would really want to put my best foot forward for open house night. So I will give it this week if things do not change I will talk with them again. Ella will be going to school two days a week. On Tuesdays she will have gym and on Thursdays she will have swim lessons. There are eight kids in the class and two old women who teach the lessons. That is the first thing that I am uncomfortable with, however the staff assures me that they are great with the kids, and that the kids are not forced to do anything. They can move at there own pace. However people outside of the school have told me different. One women told me that they throw them in the pool and not to worry becasue they will swim, adn the other told me that they do dunk the kids. If any of that happens to Ella there will be big trouble. I have take her first two days off from work, just so that I can see how things go. So if there is not a post tomorrow night about the first day I would appricatie if you guys would take up a collection for my bail because I am probably in jail. The reall test will be Thursday at swim. They would prefer I not be in the pool room, but if Ella is really scared and wants me just try and keep me out, otherwise I will be in an office that has a window into the pool room. I plan to go to each swim either Luke or myself until I am comfortable with it. Oh and if this is not bad enough. Tomorrow morning is also Ella's dentist appointment. She has only been one other time. I sceduled them months ago and could not change them. She told Luke tonight that she is not getting in the chair, because it is for big people only. SO, dentist first and then first day at a new school. I will probably be having cocktails by 10am. More to come.

2 comments:

mar said...

Irene, take a deep breath! All will be just fine, you are learning right along with her, remember deep breath! Enjoy the day, wait for the good things, not the bad!

Cammie said...

Good luck for her first day of school and dentist! Hopefully you will find the classroom much improved than at open house. If not, remember to use your nice words, and not your hands. I would prefer not to spend a visit to you dealing with the Auburn County Jail system. If your nice words don't work, well you know Ian's philosophy! Anyways, tell Ella that Ian sits in the big chair, and he's not a grown up (she could probably sit in your lap!). And remember, on that first dentist visit, it is a victory even if you are only able to get her to flash her teeth for a moment. I hope she doesn't take after you at the dentist! Call me later and let me know how everything goes!

love,
Cammie