Friday, February 27, 2009

Conversations with Ella

So as you have read my friend Cammie is expecting. It was confirmed today with a sonogram. There is a little heart beat. So when she called to tell me Ella was with me. She wanted to know what I was screaming about and so I told her. First she said that Auntie Cammie already had a baby and it was out. She was referring to Ana their daughter that was adopted from Guatemala. Then she said that we would be twins. I explained to her that our baby would be here long before hers would. Then she wanted to know how the baby got in her belly. I told her the same way ours did God put it there. Then she wanted to know how we know that a baby was put in our belly and I thought for a moment and could not come up with anything other then we pee on a stick. She says gross. I am never going to do that. I am just going to watch my belly and when it gets bigger I will know that there is a baby in there. I was telling Cammie all of this and her vision was of Ella in the back yard pee on all of the sticks. She never asked me what kind of stick so I am sure that is was she was thinking of. Oh Ella how we love you.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

She is so funny. There is one thing for certain...you will NEVER be bored with Ella around! :)

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

This brings to mind a story of a little boy (who will remain anonymous) when he was about 11 or so we were reading the book "What's Happening to Me?" A guide to puberty by Peter Mayle and we got the chapter about conception and he was totally grossed out. He proclaimed "I am NOT doing that!" I explained that when he marries he will LOVE that person and that he would indeed want to do this. He then said "No I won't, I will only marry a girl I like!"

And now you know the rest of the story :-)