Monday, December 1, 2008

Update part 2

Well we finally figured out how to get the pictures off of the new camera and onto the blog. It only took three months not bad.
Well if any of you read Cammie's blog about our girls weekend you can skip this part. If not then again it was another adventure with Cammie and Irene. We went to Lake George. It seemed like a really fun place to go, however we found out not in November. Nothing I mean nothing was open not even McDonald's. We walked the first night about three miles through dark streets and next to a very dark are scary lake, and could not find any place to eat then we drove for a while. After using Cammie's GPS we found a very scary grocery store, more like a glorified convince store. Once there we saw a local pizza shop called The Pizza Jerks. We had heard about it and decided to try it for dinner. Well the pizza was good once we finally got it, the service really lived up the the joints name. Then it was off to the store and back to the hotel. We were so excited I had rented some of our favorite movies from college Anne of Green Gables. I had brought my portable DVD player and was going to hook it up to the T.V. I could not get it work so I called the front desk and found out that they have Pay Per View movies so they block the hook ups for DVD players. I was so mad. Well we rent a movie The Maid of Honor cute, but not worth the $10.99 we had to pay to get it. Then the next day we were looking forward to doing some shopping. Well first thing we find out is that everything in town was basically closed. However up the road about 10 miles there were some outlet malls. So off we go. It ended up being a really good day however as always it was a complete adventure when the two of us get together.

Just as I left for that girls weekend Ella started acting out. She wet her pants at school, told Luke that she hated him, that she hated the baby, and that we would no longer have time for her and she did not want to be a big sister. I was floored this had come out of the blue. Up to this point she was so excited about all of it. Well come to find out they had read a book at school the week before that well lets just say did not help the situation. I borrowed the book and we read it once to do some damage control and then I went to the library to get some better books. Since we have started reading those she has been better. I knew this was coming I just thought we might have a little more time before we had to deal with it.

Then about two weeks after that her fish died. So a little background on this fish. It was old when it was given to her by a former daycare client. We have had it for about 2 or 3 years. When we were in Florida I gave the neighbor a key to the house to feed it well I gave her the wrong key so the fish was not fed for the whole time. It lived. Well I am the only one who takes care of this fish and at times it is a pain. Well about a week before it died I had told Luke I wanted to flush the fish and tell her that the cat had got it that way the fish would be gone and she may want to get rid of the cat, who is another issue for another time. Well yes I know some day I will be stuck down by lighting for saying that. Then the night before the fish died I was cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, and dealing with Ella, and realized that the fish had not been fed. I fed the fish and was not thinking about what I was doing and just dumped the can. Well the fish got too much. I scooped out as much as I could. Then we wake up the next morning the darn fish is dead. Well I tell Ella and she starts to cry and yells Mommy killed my fish. Yeah another proud Mommy moment for me. Well we cried and cried all morning. Thank goodness Luke was off that day. We talked to Ella and she deiced that she wanted to bury him in the backyard and that Daddy could do it while she was at school and she could see where when she got home. Luke had to put a rock next to the area that read "FISHY." When we took her to school she ran ahead of us and right on the patio of the school where everyone comes in and out of she had to kneel down and pray to Fishy. It was so funny. Then when we got home Mommy, Daddy, Ella, and Maverick had to all go out and see Fishy. She took one of my fake flowers and laid it by him. As with most things with Ella it was all done with a flare of the dramatics.

I will leave this installment of the update with a couple of pictures. The first is of the pumpkins from Halloween and then Ella had a wacky hair day at dance.

No comments: