Saturday, August 2, 2008

Conversations with Ella

Last night Ella decided she wanted to cook dinner for all of us. She called all of her guests, Grandpa, Grandma Mary, and Grandma Fran. Then she made the menu english muffin pizzas, corn on the cob, and chocolate pudding pie. Then the grocery list, and shopping. She made all the food and I helped with the hot part. Here is a picture of her husking the corn. I love the determined face.Then while eating dinner Luke noticed that she had a scrape on the her nose. We asked her where she got it.
I put a towel over my head because I did not want to hear them at swim.
Who?
The kids and the teachers.
Were they saying something you did not like or where they too loud.
They were too loud.
Oh, but how does this deal with the scratch.
I walked into the trophy case with the towel on my head.
Luke and I laugh uncontrollably and then explain that next time she may just want to put her hands over her ears.

Then she is getting a little summer cold and was not feeling well last night. She was trying to find a reason for her getting sick and we told her that there was not a reason people just sometimes get sick. I said like Daddy did a while ago we do not know why, but he just got sick. So then she says. You guys should give me breakfast in your bed tomorrow like Daddy did when he was sick. I am telling you this kid has an angle for everything.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Too funny. You could tell her that she gets to make her own breakfast, do the laundry and clean the toilets like mummy does when she is sick.

;)
Cammie

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Your lucky she didn't think she had worms too!!

Mimi

beanhead said...

She wondered if she could get them, but we explained that was why she was going to Grandma's so that she did not get them.