Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Too much

OK. So here we go. For the past few weeks Ella has been have bowel problems. On Tuesday night I had had enough of it. Lets just say I had to help her. So off to the doctor we go today. I explain to him that I am not going to let her go through this anymore and that we need to do something. So because I am and we thing Luke is Lactose intolerant she is going on lactose free milk, and cutting down to only two cups of milk a day. Then they ordered blood work and a stomach x-ray for her. Fun to be had by all. The blood work is for a full work up along with a check for ceilac and thyroid. The x-ray was to see just how backed up she is. Well of the the hospital we go. In central registration is where the crying started. She would not let them, put the id bracelet on her.

Next on too x-ray. Ella is not fond of strange men. Well we walk into the dimly lit room and there are two guys and a big machine. Crying again. She had to put on a gown. She did not want to. I told her it was a princess dress. She says "I am not a princess today." Well this is going good. We do get through the x-rays.

Off for blood work, now this is the real fun. Her first question was "Are they going to take all of my blood" the next one was "Are they going to put blood all over my body" I reassured her that they only needed a little bit and it would be over quick. Into the room we go. I find out that they need to get five viales full. So much for a little. I was not even sure if she had that much in her. Well it was not happening with out some help. They had to call someone in to help hold her. While they were drawing the blood she kept saying I want to go home. I told her that we would go home as soon as we were done. She then tells me "If you do not take me home now I am going to fire you" well at this point that sounds great.

So we get home and anyone who knows Ella knows that a very small boo boo is a big thing. She would not move her are to do anything. This lasted for awhile. They gave her a stuffed toy at the lab. She picks Crusty the clown from The Simpsons.

Just as we walked in the door the doctors office was calling. They had gotten the x-rays back and she is moderately backed up. Nothing to worry about, but she does need medicine. So they put her on some Miralax powder.

So no pun intended well maybe a little. We just have to wait to see how it comes out in the end.

1 comment:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Awwwwwwww I am so sorry for Ella. Celiac? Why would they think that???

If the Miralax does not work ask them to give Amitiza.......we had to use that here.....umm lets just say she will go and go and go and go.

Santa better be very good to her this year.

Mimi