Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Things are not always as they seem

Before I start this post I want everyone to know that part of why I started this blog was to be able to have a place to vent to, here is one of those posts.

Yesterday was quite an eye opening day for me. I have come to realize that there are few people in my life that I can count on to be honest and have that unconditional relationship with. Friendship and family to me means that even when you do not want to do something for someone or deal with someone else's issues you do, because you love and care for them. You may have to go out of your way to be with them or you may need to do something that feels a little uncomfortable, but you do it so that you can support that person. It may mean giving up something that means a lot to you not just physical things, but emotional things also. Maybe it is just that time of month for me, but yesterday there were a few things that showed me I have been fooled. I have sacrificed a lot of time and energy into this people and they just choose to do things over and over again that show me they really do not care as much about me.

With saying all of this those people mean so much to me that I will continue to be there for them and do all that I can and make sacrifices for them. I do this because I truly do care for them.

I just need an outlet for these feelings and this seemed like the best place for them. It is not fair to Luke who does show me that unconditional relationship that I talked about to always have to hear the venting and deal with me. Luke and Ella are truly the examples of unconditional relationships to me.

1 comment:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am sorry someone let you down....it just plain sucks....from the way you talk it sounds like they have abused your friendship in the past on more then one occasion.....it might be time to slowly release them from your life.....a friendship is a terrible thing to waste.

By the way, I think you're terrific and I wasn't even paid to say that!

Mimi

PS: by no means does this let you off the hook to have a poem written by the famous duo of Sharon and Mimi about Ms Ella. Did you know she's been to Nantucket???? :-)