Saturday, November 24, 2007

Major catch up

So I have been very slow at updating my blog. I have no excuses for it except that, well we are all tired. So sit down with a cup of something and get ready for the wild ride.

I took a Wilton cake decorating class this fall. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Here are the pictures of my cake is succession. They are well you are always hardest on yourself.

Now on to Halloween. Of course there is decorating to be done. This includes playing in the leaves.



We had to rake up a lot of leaves. Let me tell you. We started off with just enough to do the spider and pumpkins and then a few weeks later we did the rest. A total of about 20 bags. The best part of all is that we do not have a tree on our property. Gotta love that.




The pumpkins were a lot of fun. Uncle Howard grew a very large 100lbs. pumpkin for Ella. Ella was not a fan of the pumpkin guts. She had to use a spoon and wear a rubber glove.





Ella choose to be a purple witch who was good. She was very excited about it. The make up did not last very long. We only wore it to one party and the rest of them we went with out it. She went to a parade at the mall, a party at the YMCA, her party at school, and then trick or treating on Halloween. We certainly did get our use out of the costume.


And of course this is Central New York so we now head right into the first snow. Ella came running into our room telling us that it had "snowded" She had to go right out side. As Luke and I are getting her coat and hat and boots, we turn around to find her taking her pjs off and putting on her outer wear. She knew we were not suppose to wear a pjs outside so she was taking them off. We had her put them back on and out we went you can not see the snow but it was falling.


Ella received a gift from a friend of mine at Wegmans. He recently lost his wife to Lung cancer also. He gave Ella a dancing Santa and Mrs. Claus. She loves to dance to the music also. And no one is to be left out anyone who comes into the house has to dance to the music.
Well I think that is enough for now. I will try to be better.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Thanks for the catch up, I've been dying for some pictures!! First of all, love the cakes, I'll be expecting lessons when we next get together, especially on making roses. Ella looked so cute as a purple witch, I'm lovin' the striped stockings! Tell her I think she is the coolest purple witch ever! Oh, and gotta tell you, Ian is still the same way with the pumpkin guts!! Anyways, we miss you guys, it was so nice to see pictures of the princess! Talk to you soon!

love,
Cammie

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I love the pictures!

So you can do Wilton cakes??!!! Yikes, then my cut cakes will seem silly to you.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Mimi

Marcia said...

I also love the cakes, nice job!

Are you serious, you have no trees? And you raked all that?? You should get a leaf blower, they are sooooo fun.... :)