Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Big Weekend

Well I think we have recooperated from the big weekend. Sorry it took so long to get this up. On 10/3 Wednesday, there was family swim night for the Y preschool. Ella got into the water with her bubbles and a noodle and just took off. She did not want to hold on to either of us. We were so proud of her.

Then on 10/4 Ella had her first field trip. The class went to Tim's pumpkin patch. They all seemed to have a good time. There were lots of farm animals there and Ella was not very fond of them. She kept walking around holding her nose. Each child got to go out into the pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin. Ella was very choosy. She took forever to find the perfect pumpkin.













Then on 10/5 it started the Wedding celebration. We arrived at the hotel in time to get ready for the rehearsal. Ella and Maggie(the other flower girl) did very well. They have been practicing for many months. Then it was time for dinner. I had resolved myself to the fact that this weekend she would probably not eat or sleep very much and that we would just pick up the pieces at the end. This picture shows just how excited she was to be with all of the people at the party on Friday.



Then it was the big day. Ella woke up and had decide that she wanted to go home. Well Auntie Edna said, but today I get to wear my big dress and you get to wear your princess dress and there is the big party. Well Ella turns to her and says Is my dress bigger then yours. I guess she was just setting the stage for whose day it was. First it was hair time.



Then we had to get dressed. Sorry about the fingers in the way. I am not sure who had the camera at this point.


She did great during the ceremony. Then it was time for pictures well she was about done. She did grace us with her presence for a few of them. Then it was party time. Believe it or not she did eat her whole dinner. She spent the whole night running and dancing. There were many reminders not to touch the cake.


Then she did sneak in a dance with Auntie Edna.Ella and Maggie closed out the party at 10:30 with the Hokey Pokey and the Chicken Dance. So at the end of the night we had a Cheesy Dancing Princess.

All in all it was a great weekend. Many ups and downs as to be expected with a three year old. On Sunday morning as Ella lay in the hotel bed eating cereal and drinking juice while watching t.v. She tells us that she does not want to leave.

The wedding was beautiful. Our family made it through the event pretty well. I have to say though that it was very hard for me when the pastor asked who gives Edna to be wed and to hear my Mother say I Do. I had thought there would be more mention of my father, but each person deals with things in there own way. I know that he was there and was watching all of us on this glorious day. Congratulations Edna and Fred.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Ella looks beautiful and it looks like she had a wonderful time! I wish there was a picture of her mum though!! I'm glad things went off without a hitch, and that you all had a great day. Congrats to Edna and Fred!

love,
Cammie

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Hi there!

It's Ian's mimi...surprise!

Your daughter is beautful :-)

Mimi