Wednesday, March 11, 2009

School Update

Well I realized that I had not finished the school update with the swim problems. Part of the reason is that nothing has really come of it. Ella is back in the pool and the teacher has taken everything and turned it around so that it is about her. She seems to feel like we were there to critic her teaching, not the intended purpose of seeing how to make Ella successful in swim. So at this point after a couple of other encounters with the swim teacher I have decided that I just I am giving up on swim for the year. As long as Ella is not being treated different and being singled out due to this miscommunication then I am done. I do not have time to stroke the ego of a 60 something year old woman. I more important things to take care of. Ella will still be successful in school even without swim. This way I am not stressed about it and neither is she, because she is not dumb she knows that something is going on. However I am disappointed that this could not be resolved. It is making me think twice about sending her to summer camp session and where I will be sending our new little one when the time comes. So at this point that is all the new information I have and probably will have unless something changes in the way they are treating Ella. The sad part is that I do not feel comfortable going in to see her swim now. The other day Ella came to me and asked me to come and watch her because she was so proud of what she had done that day. I had to tell her that I couldn't because I was working. I just do not want to rock the boat for Ella. I could care less what the swim teacher thinks. I just do not want to cause any more issues for Ella.

No comments: