Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The story of POOP

Well Ella's appointment went well. The doctor does not think it has anything to do with Lactose, because you do not get constipated from that. He believes that it is all a training issue. She needs to sit and try to go after every meal. She needs to stay on the Miralax medicine, and will go back to see him in 3 months. He was really great with her. He put her right at ease. So I will back off of the pressure and we will try to get her to sit after every meal and may do a chart to help motivate her to want to sit and to go. I can give her regular 1 or 2 percent milk now and juice is good for her. I do not need to push fiber. She can even have a banana or two if she wants. They are her favorite fruit and I have not given her any in about a year. That will make her happy. So we will try this and hopefully it will work. I would love to see the end of this.

Now the title is in reference to the fact that the doctor told us the story of how our food turns into poop with diagrams and all. Very interesting.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that there is nothing physically wrong with Ms. Ella. Lets hope things start to straighten out for you soon! I'm glad you got to hear the story of poop, I'm sure you were all fascinated :)