Saturday, May 2, 2009

Baby Sister Mom Dad Update

First of all thank you to Cammie for updating while I was in the hospital. We are all doing well. Trying to make this adjustment from one to two is not easy. Jacob is doing great. He had a doctor's appointment last Friday and weighed 7.8 pounds. That was almost a one pound weight gain from our discharge. Then this Thursday he had a clogged tear duct. They weighed him again and he now weighs 7.13 lbs. So his new name is Piggy. It took Ella forever to get to that weight.
On to Ella. She is hanging in there. She loves her little brother very much sometimes too much. She prefers to think of herself as the mother, but we correct her and let her know that she has a very important job as a big sister and that she is the only one who can do that job. Now as far as how she is dealing with Luke and I she is giving us a run for our money. She really seems to have the attitude of 4 going on 14. Oh well the joys of parenthood.

As for Luke and I we are hanging in there as well. Jacob is a pretty good baby. He does stay up more at night then Ella did, but we are handling it. Luke heads back to work on Monday. It feels like he had bearly any time off this time around. I am still not able to drive next week so Luke and Grandpa will be taking Ella to and from school. This part has been hard on me. I feel very disconnected from Ella's school, and I hate to be trapped. Three weeks is a long time to not be able to get around on your own. Especially for a control freak like me.

Well enough with the words here are some pictures for you all.



Well more posts are to come. I would like to get one together on Ella she has done some pretty cool stuff over the last few months and I just did not get it on here. So keep tuned in.

3 comments:

Amanda Chamberlain said...

Congratulations, Irene! He is a beautiful boy. I pray that you are resting and taking it easy. Going from 1 to 2 definitely takes some adjusting, but I know you'll be fine.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I love the picture of him with his fingers in his mouth and yet he manages to give all the LOVE sign!!!

Mimi

Cammie said...

Irene, he's a super cutie!! I can't wait to meet him in person!